This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Representing Democracy (November 3 - November 7, 2014).

Here's the line-up:

Monday, November 3, 2014 - Melody Jue (Duke University) presents: Under My Umbrella: Representing Democracy in Hong Kong

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 - Maria Sulimma & Bettina Soller (Free University Berlin) present: “I can’t identify myself as a woman! People can’t know that!“ – Female Protagonists in Current Political Drama and Comedy

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 - Danielle Leak (Grand Valley State University) presents: Democracy Play: VOTE!!!

Thursday, November 6, 2014 - Alan Chu (University of Arizona) presents: If you have Nothing Nice to Say, Save it for Here: “Bad” Parrhesia, Democracy, and Digital Culture

Friday, November 7, 2014 - Christopher Cox (Georgia State University) presents: Fandom Referendum: Fan Cultures and Civic Embodiment

Theme week organized by Ethan Tussey and Christopher Cox (Georgia State University).

Visit us on the web at http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/. To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure to “like” our Facebook page. You can also follow us on Twitter (use #democracy to discuss this week’s posts!).

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask], or email the Coordinating Editor, Ethan Tussey, at [log in to unmask].

Best,

The In Media Res Team