From: Vesela Harizanova (PGR) <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 13 November 2014, 22:27
Subject: Re: AHRC funding for UK/EU arts and humanities research students

I can’t help but notice that very few people here seem to raise the point of doing a PhD for the purpose of making a contribution to a better future. Since when did this decision become so individualistic and profit-driven? Where did our belief in a higher purpose go? Surely everyone has their personal motives and professional aspirations but furthering human knowledge should be at least as important as personal gains. Otherwise, why bother?

All the best,

Vesela
@VessyHarizanova