From: Museums Computer Group [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nick Poole [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 November 2014 15:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MCG] Consultation over the development of the Culture Grid

Dear MCG'ers,

Some of you may have spotted that we've launched a consultation about
the future development of the Culture Grid (www.culturegrid.org.uk), the
aggregator which currently provides access to 3m+ records from UK
museums, archives and libraries. We have been running the Culture Grid
with the good people at Knowledge Integration for nearly 8 years now
(and its origins predate this considerably in the form of the Peoples
Network Discover Service) and it is time to step back and develop a
clear plan for the way forward.

I hope you won't mind if I shamelessly use you as a focus group for
this, but as the nation's hive mind on all things digital and cultural,
I would like to ask you to share your thoughts and opinions about the
value of the Culture Grid, its strengths and weaknesses and your ideas
both about aggregation in general and the Culture Grid in particular.

I've posted on our blog about our thinking about the Culture Grid  - see
http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/blog/culturegrid and we are also
receiving comments directly via this email address or on twitter using
the hashtag #cgfuture.

I would be especially grateful for any views you are able to share
on-list - we are keen for this to be as open and constructive a
consultation as possible, and to ensure that whatever happens next with
the Culture Grid it delivers genuine value for the people who expend
time and effort participating in it.

With many thanks in advance for your ideas and comments!

All best,

Nick

Nick Poole
Chief Executive Officer
Collections Trust

<http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/copyright-seminar/copyright-seminar-
2015>

  <http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/>

<http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=3280471&type=member&item=12
7734931&qid=f3e77705-7ec2-44c7-99db-7fe325bb16fc&trk=group_most_recent_r
ich-0-b-ttl&goback=%2Egmr_3280471> Join Collections Trust's Collections
Management Group
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=3280471&type=member&item=12
7734931&qid=f3e77705-7ec2-44c7-99db-7fe325bb16fc&trk=group_most_recent_r
ich-0-b-ttl&goback=%2Egmr_3280471>

  <http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust> Follow us on Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/collectiontrust>

  <https://www.facebook.com/hiddentreasuresuk?ref=hl> Like us on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/hiddentreasuresuk?ref=hl>

www.collectionstrust.org.uk. Company Registration No: 1300565 Registered
Charity No: 273984

Registered Office: Collections Trust, WC 209, Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.

Portico: your gateway to information on sites in the National Heritage Collection; have a look and tell us what you think.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/professional/archives-and-collections/portico/

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg