From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Zak Mensah
Sent: 24 November 2014 19:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MCG] TVs, Casing/stands and software

hi all,

We're about to embark on a project to use digital screens for both way finding and to show 'What's on' information. Can anybody suggest good examples of screens or casing/devices/stands and software? good examples of a museum/gallery/shop that do it very well?

We use Wordpress for our CMS and EMU for collections management so ideally i'd like to pump the system with these but eager to hear of alternatives.

I'm hoping to have screens either out front/behind glass and then internal signage at key locations throughout 2-3 levels.

Our current (and local) benchmark is http://blogs.wcode.org/2013/07/building-a-low-cost-foyer-screen-system-with-web-apps-and-raspberry-pis/

Cheers

Zak Mensah
Head of Digital
Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives
0777 522 7272
0117 9223606

New Website!
Take a look at our new website http://www.bristolmuseums.org.uk.

[Bristol City Council | Bristol 2015 - European Green Capital]<http://www.bristol2015.co.uk>

Council services online: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/service

Keep up to date with the latest council news and sign up to our monthly email newsletter: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/ournews

Have your say on consultations and view our webcasts: http://www.bristol.gov.uk/consult

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may also be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the intended addressee. If you are not the addressee please e-mail it back to the sender and then immediately, permanently delete it. Do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it. This e-mail may be monitored by Bolton Council in accordance with current regulations. This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses currently known to Bolton Council. However, the recipient is responsible for virus-checking before opening this message and any attachment. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bolton Council. http://www.bolton.gov.uk

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg