In Wirral we are reviewing our charging policies for Sound and Vision items. We currently have an annual subsription and "pay as you go" for audio items and just a hire charge for DVDs.
We are considering a monthly subscription model (as per Netflix for example) for all our Sound & Vision material and wondered:

1. If any authority has adopted a similar charging model ?
2. If so how much per month / year ?
3. Users able to pay by direct debit ?
4. Any limits to how many items can be loaned at any one time ?
5. Given the loss/non-return of items (particularly of expensive DVD box sets) does anyone implement a deposit charge on top of the subscription ?

Thank you for your help
Peter

Peter Aspinall
(Principal Library Manager)