From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Webster
Sent: 20 November 2014 13:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MASSMAIL] Re: E Conference Day 4 - If this goes ahead, What is the most efficient method?

Having done a bit of reconciliation, I don't think that the cross referencing was a great deal of help. I didn't use it at all as I was doing a 10% sample and just went through the records in order. Perhaps as part of a bigger project it would make sense to look at the cross referenced sites as you might be able to eliminate records that are identical quickly. Otherwise, mapping (in the cartographic sense) is the way to go.

Chris Webster
Somerset Historic Environment Record
Somerset Heritage Centre
Brunel Way