I actually think this is a bit of a red herring issue

If the digital data goes from EH to HERs the only thing that has changed is where you get the information from.

How accessible the related archives are has not altered and is, I think, a completely separate issue.

Whilst things can always be improved – the fact of moving where you found out about the archive from has no real impact on how accessible that archive should be.

As an example.

You can access information on many books in a library – but it does not hold all of them. And that fact that you can access information about those books from that library does not mean it should hold them.

There is a separate system for inter library loans so you can get access. In this case – you can contact EH Archives to get access.

If you think access should be better – then that’s fine – but it is not related to where you find out about the archive.

Best wishes

Nick Boldrini

Historic Environment Record Officer

Ext 267008