Ah Matthias, the dreaded reply button has struck again!

On 25 November 2014 at 16:20, Matthias Konrad-Schmolke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Simon,

I apologize very much for the long time it has needed to evaluate the many applications that we received for the advertised PhD position. The decision has now been made and I regret to inform you that, although your file was ranked highly, we cannot offer you the position. The decision was far from easy to make and it was hard to reject many good applications, but we had to choose a single candidate.

We wish you all the best for further applications and thank you very much for your file that was among the potential candidates for our advertised position.

Best regards from Potsdam

Matthias Konrad-Schmolke

P.S.: Sorry for not answering your question, but I just saw it. But I had no idea about how to solve your problem anyway, sorry.