Dear all,

Apologies for cross posting, but I thought the below link might be interesting to members.

Best wishes,

Emma

From: The Natural Science Collections Association discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Henry Mcghie
Sent: 04 November 2014 15:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Using natural history collections in museums- some tools to help

Hello- apologies for cross-posting. Here in the North West we are working on raising the profile of natural history museums and collections, and exploring ways to enable more people to enjoy our collections. As part of this, we’ve been putting together a ‘toolkit’ of advice and suggestions on how to use these kinds of collections- the latest one is about using natural history collections to teach National Curriculum Geography.

The toolkits can be found at:

https://naturemanchester.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/teaching-geography-national-curriculum-using-natural-history-collections-in-museums/

We will have a website to promote our fantastic collections soon, and the toolkit and other resources will be available there- in the meantime, please feel free to share the documents around. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know.

Very best wishes,

Henry

Henry McGhie BSc MA AMA | Head of Collections and Curator of Zoology (Honorary Scientific Associate, Faculty of Life Sciences) | Manchester Museum | The University of Manchester | Oxford Road | Manchester | M13 9PL |  0161 275 2482 | www.manchester.ac.uk/museum | www.facebook.com/ManchesterMuseum | Follow us on Twitter @McrMuseum

Exhibitions: Siberia: At the Edge of the World, until 1 Mar 2015
Designated as an Outstanding Collection

This year I am promoting biodiversity for the good of the environment and for people's well-being