Moocs, student needs and digital preservation: AGM full programme

***Apologies for cross posting***
E-learning event programme                Think Visual course                Enter Learning on Screen awards
Dear Gemmers
We hope you are enjoying the autumn term.  The BUFVC has been busy, as ever, responding to our members' needs, hosting webinars for BoB National and organising a packed schedule of courses and events, not to mention kicking off the Learning on Screen campaign.  Find out more below.
Moocs, student needs and digital resources: speakers announced for AGM event

The full programme for our e-learning event, 'Across Space and Time: delivering and accessing online education', is available online.

Simon Nelson, Chief Executive of FutureLearn, the first UK-led provider of Moocs (massive online open courses), will be speaking about the 650,000 learners his organisation has signed up to online courses ranging from dentistry to Shakespeare.

Jake Berger, Programme Manager for Digital Public Space at the BBC, will be speaking on the Research and Education Space, a joint digital project from Jisc, the BBC and the BUFVC.

Helena Gillespie from the University of East Anglia will be speaking about meeting student needs, and Andrew Yeates, General Counsel of the Educational Recording Agency, will provide an update on copyright legislation.

The event will conclude with our annual general meeting.  We hope to see you there.

Friday 28 November, 11am - 3pm (AGM 3pm - 4pm)
The Geological Society, Piccadilly, London

Learn how to Think Visual: video storytelling in education

Our quintessential course on using video storytelling in education returns on Thursday 20 November with a special discount. As Think Visual: video storytelling in education is core to the BUFVC's work, we are offering a third off this course so that as many people as possible can benefit.

Change your lessons forever by discovering how to best use video in teaching and learning.

Delivered by Catherine Carter, a leading practitioner from the Open University with broadcast experience, this course will enable you to understand why video is an important tool for learning and teaching, identify what makes a good teaching video and see how video works best with your other material.

  • Premier/Enhanced Premier members: only £75 (rather than £108)
  • Standard members: only £85 (rather than £132)
  • Non-members: only £95 (rather than £156)*

*All prices exclude VAT

Enter your educational media for Learning on Screen
In case you missed our big announcement, the 2015 Learning on Screen awards are now open for entries.

If you have produced an educational film or TV programme, online video, podcast, app, website or game in the last year, why not enter Learning on Screen, the only UK awards celebrating the educational value of media production?

Nominations will be showcased at a ceremony on the evening of Thursday 23 April 2015 at London's BFI Southbank.  Entries can include the following:
  • Factual and documentary productions
  • Productions created to support curriculum or courses
  • Multimedia content, such as websites, apps, games or podcasts
  • Student productions, including linear drama, factual, advertising, animation or documentary films
This year also sees a new, dedicated category for College HE students. Take a look at all the award categories.

The deadline for entries is Monday 1 December 2014.
British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street
London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1500
fax: 020 7393 1555
moving image and sound, knowledge and access
Digitisation service

Our digitisation service converts analogue and digital content for online delivery and storage. We can handle a number of different formats and offer a 25% discount for members.

New EUscreen portal
The EUscreen portal contains thousands of film and TV clips from broadcasters across Europe, and it's just been re-designed. Find out more, including our role in the project.
TRILT tutorial videos
Watch our TRILT video tutorials, designed to help those using the TV and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching and the off-air back-up recording service available to members.
British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1500 · fax: 020 7393 1555 · bufvc.ac.uk
The BUFVC is a limited company registered in England (no. 955348) and
registered as a charity (no. 313582)
The BUFVC is part-funded by

Helen Fitton
Marketing and Events Manager

British Universities Film & Video Council
77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ
tel: 020 7393 1512
moving image and sound, knowledge and access

Sign up for our BoB National webinars

Follow us on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/bufvc

--
This e-mail (including attachments) and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it from your system. Unless you are the intended recipient, you should not copy this e-mail for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

The British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC) is a limited company registered in England under company number 955348, registered as a charity No. 313582, whose registered office is at 77 Wells Street, London W1T 3QJ