Hi - sounds like a RAM/swap issue most likely - see the FAQ entry on the FSL wiki.
Cheers, Steve.

On 27 Nov 2014, at 16:52, Wu chen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello FSL Experts,

I have acquired DTI data with 120 directions, 1.3 mm resolution and b value 1000. I put the seed in the Primary motor cortex and ran Probtractx but I get bad_alloc error. I got stuck and have no idea how to proceed.

We have 8 GB RAM, 1GB Graphic card and 2 TB of hard drive on our system which I think, would be enough to process 120 directions.

Any suggestion or comments to overcome bad_alloc error message would be highly appreciated.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Wu

Associate Director,  Oxford University FMRIB Centre

FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington, Oxford  OX3 9DU, UK
+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
[log in to unmask]    http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve

Stop the cultural destruction of Tibet