Hi - AFAIK there is no good argument equivalent to the VBM one (wrt expansion/contraction modulation) that applies to FA - one might choose to compare warped FA (including expansion/contraction) as is (like we do in TBSS), or one might choose to test the warp field for subject differences, but it's not obvious to me that it makes sense to combine the two things, given what FA "represents".

Cheers.