Hi Bryson,

That looks mostly fine to me, but note that the design.mat file you feed into the dual-regression will only affect how it runs randomise. And you can run randomise outside of the dual_regression script, which is nice for limiting it to the components you care about.

Once you make the file(s) I mentioned (e.g., your dr_stage2_avg_ic0004), you’ll set up a two-group design in Glm (e.g., design_2sample.mat) and use that in randomise. So, if your input image has 80 volumes (40 subjects in each group), your design_2sample.mat would have 80 rows and at least two columns (one for each group). You would not set up exchangeability blocks with this design (i.e., ignore the group column).

randomise -i dr_stage2_avg_ic0004 -o randomise_out -d design_2sample.mat -t design_2sample.con

Just make sure the volumes/subjects in your dr_stage2_avg_ic0004.nii.gz correspond to the rows in your design_2sample.mat file.

Cheers,
David