Dear all,

I attach my latest article on how social workers construct cultural otherness within the social services in Sweden.

Constructing cultural Otherness within the Swedish welfare state: The cases of social workers in Sweden, Qualitative Social Work (2014)

http://qsw.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/11/18/1473325014559091.abstract

Best wishes, Barzoo

Dr. Barzoo Eliassi

Senior lecturer

Linnaeus University

Department of Social Work

391 82 Kalmar

Sweden

+46 (0) 480- 446293

https://linnaeus.academia.edu/BarzooEliassi

Research associate: Oxford University, Oxford Diasporas Program http://www.imi.ox.ac.uk/people/barzoo-eliassi

Affiliated researcher at the Centre for Middle Eastern Studies, Lund University  http://www.cmes.lu.se/staff/barzoo-eliassi/

Affiliated researcher at Institute for Research on Migration, Ethnicity and Society FORTE Center of Excellence, Linköping University http://www.isv.liu.se/avd/remeso/staff/affiliated-remeso?l=sv

Recent Publications:

Constructing cultural Otherness within the Swedish welfare state: The cases of social workers in Sweden, Qualitative Social Work (2014)

http://qsw.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/11/18/1473325014559091.abstract

Orientalist Social Work: Cultural Otherization of Muslim Immigrants in Sweden, Journal of Critical Social Work (2013)

http://www1.uwindsor.ca/criticalsocialwork/system/files/Eliassi.pdf

Contesting Kurdish Identities in Sweden: Quest for Belonging among Middle Eastern Youth

New York: Palgrave Macmillan (2013). http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/contesting-kurdish-identities-in-sweden-barzoo-eliassi/?k=9781137282071

Nationalism, cosmopolitanism and statelessness: an interview with Craig Calhoun

Journal of Kurdish Studies (2014), http://www.tplondon.com/journal/index.php/ks/article/view/351

The Kurdish Diaspora: Transnational Ties, Home, and Politics of Belonging (co-editor of special issue)

Nordic Journal of Migration Research (2014). http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/njmr.2014.4.issue-2/issue-files/njmr.2014.4.issue-2.xml

Temporal And Generational Impact On Identity, Home(Land) And Politics Of Belonging Among The Kurdish Diaspora (co-edited article). Nordic Journal of Migration Research (2014). http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/njmr.2014.4.issue-2/njmr-2014-0008/njmr-2014-0008.xml?format=INT