Good morning everyone

We are a small ESOL department reviewing the new QCF quals and trying to choose an awarding body/assessment method. We have used Cambridge and Trinity in the past and favour the end of year externally marked exam as ensuring good quality of teaching and learning, but we are under some pressure to move to an internally assessed model, in order to ensure the highest outcomes in terms of success data.

Would anyone have a perspective on this? I am aware that there have been threads relating to this topic in the past but am interested to know what your final decisions have been.

We are finding it difficult to make a decision without sight of all the sample papers.

Many thanks

Zoe Williams

ESOL Lecturer

New College Durham, Framwellgate Moor Campus, Durham DH1 5ES

This message is sent in confidence to the addressee only. It may contain confidential or sensitive information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission.

"SAVE THE PLANET - PLEASE DO NOT PRINT THIS EMAIL UNLESS STRICTLY NECESSARY"
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]