*with apologies for x-postings

Dear Colleague:

Please sign our petition to restore the Green Politics and Theory group to Organized Section status (see petition attached).

We need 200 current APSA members to sign this petition by January 28, 2015.

The purpose of the Section is:

--to foster the study of green politics and theory within the discipline of political science;

--to encourage innovative and rigorous research in the area of green politics and theory;

--to provide for the development of a supportive community of scholars within the larger political science and interdisciplinary academic community.

As the dimensions of the continuing global ecological crisis become better understood there is an increasing recognition of the importance of studying green politics and the societal transformations that are emerging out of those politics. An important step towards that end is to restore the Green Politics and Theory section (now a Related Group) to its previous status as an Organized Section.

To support these efforts and sign the petition send an email to Sarah Surak ([log in to unmask])with (1) your full name and (2) a sentence confirming you are a current APSA member supporting the creation of an APSA Organized Section on Green Politics and Theory.

Additionally, please consider responding to our call for papers (below) for the 2015 annual APSA meeting in San Francisco. We want to continue building on our strong participation level from last year.

Finally, *PLEASE FORWARD* this email with the petition to any other APSA members or groups that you think would support our efforts.

Thank you for help.

With the signatures of 200 members attached to this petition, we will be taking another step toward giving green politics the central place in our discipline that it deserves.

Sincerely,

Michael Lipscomb and Sarah Surak

Co-chairs, Green Politics and Theory Group

APSA 2015 Call for Papers (due December 15, 2015)

http://community.apsanet.org/annualmeeting/home

APSA’s “Green Politics and Theory” group has the important mission of advancing the study and teaching of green politics and green political thought.  We welcome proposals broadly relevant to these areas, including analyses of environmental politics and the social and political transformations required to address the global environmental crisis including climate change.

The theme for the 2015 APSA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA is “Diversity,” and we are seeking proposals for papers and panels related to this theme or on other topics.

We are also in interested in proposals for a panel on “New and Classic Books in Green Politics and Theory,” where you could present your own new book or a classic book in the field.

We also welcome volunteers to help with other ways in which the Green Politics and Theory Group can build its capacity and activities.

For more information contact APSA 2015 program co-chairs:

Jennifer Lawrence (Virginia Tech: e-mail: [log in to unmask]) or Sarah Surak (Salisbury University: e-mail: [log in to unmask])