Please feel free to keep posting on previous topics, but we’ll now also move on to our final session of the e-forum, which we’ve called “alternative approaches”.

This is really a catch-all term for ‘anything we haven’t covered yet’, including non-MARC cataloguing, outsourcing, data harvesting, etc etc. The move to shelf-ready and e-resources bought from large vendors has already been mentioned and yesterday we touched on formats such as XML which are becoming increasingly important. Linked data and Bibframe are also up-and-coming areas where cataloguing skills are necessary.

Has anyone worked with/trained people in a non-MARC environment?

Are there standards/skill sets/codes which are more important to you than the trinity of AACR2/MARC/RDA?

Helen.

Helen Doyle | Information Officer

Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 7444 3456 | Fax +44 20 7283 6500

NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT

Law around the world
nortonrosefulbright.com

Norton Rose Fulbright – top 3 global legal brand: Acritas’ Sharplegal 2014 Global Elite Brand Index