Hi Bernadette,

We are not using 34X. Looking at what these fields contain it seems we are covering most of the information that would go there by using 007 and information we put in the 300.

Louise

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bernadette O'Reilly
Sent: 26 November 2014 11:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] New thread: non-book cataloguing

Hello all

Please feel free to continue with current threads, but I would like to ask if those of you who are using the new 34X elements for non-book materials have favourite resources to suggest.

I will start with:

For video cataloguing:

https://lib.stanford.edu/metadata-department/clone-video-cataloging-guidelines

And for the above and a lot of other Stanford resources:

https://lib.stanford.edu/metadata/documentation

For music and musical sound recordings (but much of it applicable to non-musical sound recordings):

http://www.rdatoolkit.org/sites/default/files/rda_best_practices_for_music_cataloging-v1_0_1-140401.pdf

This includes a brilliant table showing 007, 33X and 34X values for a very wide range of carriers, from piano rolls to MP3 discs.

If you are using 34X, do you just record a few of the many available elements?  If so, which ones?

If you are not using 34X, are there any particular reasons why not?

Best wishes,

Bernadette

*******************
Bernadette O'Reilly
Catalogue Support Librarian

Bodleian Libraries,
Osney One Building
Osney Mead
Oxford OX2 0EW.

For cataloguing advice: [log in to unmask]
For course enquiries (cataloguing, holdings & items): [log in to unmask]
For other correspondence: [log in to unmask]

01865 2-77134