I would say, yes. CIGS (the Scottish Branch) runs lots of interesting workshops and courses. Even though, I have stopped paying my CILIPS membership, I still go to CIGS meetings paid for by my employer.

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rhinds, Myles
Sent: 25 November 2014 10:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Getting started - Session 1

Hi,

I have had some experience of cataloguing, you can't help but have some if you are as old as me, but I haven't had sustained practice of dealing with high volumes of materials.

Is there any way of identifying a resource/ resources that could be said to be a minimum level in terms of knowledge required, or at least a start?

Would the Cilip cataloguing and Indexing group be a good place to start?

Thanks.

Myles

Myles Rhinds

Business Information Officer

SHOOSMITHS LLP

03700 865063 UK direct dial

03700 865001 UK fax

Image removed by sender. No.1 National Law Firm

About Shoosmiths
Shoosmiths is a trading name of Shoosmiths LLP, a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (registered number OC 374987). Shoosmiths LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our professional rules can be found at www.sra.org.uk/handbook.

Shoosmiths LLP is also recognised as a multi national practice with the Law Society of Scotland under number 43932. The Law Society of Scotland regulates Scottish activities through its professional rules which can be found at www.lawscot.org.uk/.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to carry out debt collection and debt administration activities in respect of agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We use the word partner to refer to a member of Shoosmiths LLP, or an employee or consultant who is a lawyer with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of members’ names together with a list of non members who are designated as partners, is available for inspection at our registered office at Witan Gate House, 500-600 Witan Gate West, Milton Keynes. MK9 1SH.

About this email
This email is CONFIDENTIAL and LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Telephone calls may be recorded to comply with our regulatory requirements as well as for monitoring and training purposes. If you contact us by e-mail you agree to us replying to the e-mail address that you give us. You need to be aware that our reply may not be completely confidential if you share an e-mail address at home or at work. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted by e mail and therefore, if you do not wish to correspond by email, please write or telephone us instead.

Image removed by sender. Our planet is a special place, help us save it - does this email really need to be printed?

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

National Library of Scotland, Scottish Charity, No: SCO11086

This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Library of Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.

www.nls.uk