From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Esther Arens
Sent: 25 November 2014 16:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Aw: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] Getting started - Session 1

Hi Alex,

just to encourage you in your aspirations I'm citing what Helen Doyle just posted: "It’s really interesting hearing how much in-house training people (have to) do. I’m really getting the impression that people who want to embark on a cataloguing career only really need to show an interest and a willingness to put the hours in, and most of the training can/will be done in-house or is self-taught anyway." This matches my impressions and actually my own experience.

Similarly in terms of programming language, I don't think it matters that much - unless for a short contract needing knowledge of a particular one of course. (You can tell I'm not a real IT person otherwise I'd probably have an opinion on this.)

Good luck!

--
Esther Arens MCLIP
The Precentory