OCLC’s Bibliographic Formats and Standards guide http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en.html and other similar for a view into how and why others do it?  Not straightforward training.  More of an information resource.

Anastasia

From: CIG E-Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Esther Arens
Sent: 25 November 2014 13:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CIG-E-FORUM] Training with RDA/AACR2 and MARC21 for mainstream materials

Hi all,

I hope everyone feels refreshed after their lunch break and ready for our second session of Getting into cataloguing: Training with RDA/AACR2 and MARC21 for mainstream materials.

The following links to training material (RDA in particular) and references were already mention this morning, so I compile them here:
http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/our-work/cataloguing
https://cambridgerda.wordpress.com/
http://www.slainte.org.uk/aacr/training.htm
http://www.cilip.org.uk/cataloguing-and-indexing-group/professional-tools-and-resources

John Bowman's 'Essential Cataloguing'

Ed Jones' 'RDA and serials cataloguing'

Stephen Miller's 'Metadata for digital resources'

Anne Welsh's 'Practical Cataloguing'
Anything else you'd like to add?

Also, some more questions for us to ponder:
- What has proven most effective for you and/or your trainees?
- Do you still train in AACR2? Or know of anyone?
- If you have implemented RDA, how much time do you spent on FRBR principles?
- Do you think RDA itself a manageable resource for new cataloguers? If you think not, how do you find or provide simplified materials?

--
Esther Arens MCLIP
The Precentory

The British Film Institute is governed by Royal Charter and is a charity registered in England and Wales number 287780. The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the sender that you have received this message in error and immediately delete it. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not forward this e-mail to anybody, nor make any use of its contents.