From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joel
Tyndall
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 05:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Small molecule cif files

Hi all,

If a crystallographer determines a liganded structure  of say a new small
molecule. Where does the cif file come from when the next version of
ccp4/phenix gets released. Along the same lines. If a cif file is not quite
correct (or were not parsed against the CSD) and is subsequently updated by
an individual. Is there a process for updating existing ligand cif files?

My reason for the question is around several ligand complexes that we have
had to generate new cif files in order to get the correct conformational
parameters (centred around unsaturated rings)

Regards

Joel

Joel Tyndall, PhD

Associate Professor in Medicinal Chemistry
National School of Pharmacy
University of Otago
PO Box 56 Dunedin 9054
New Zealand