If it is a heme or ironsulfur cluster then the reduced and oxidized forms have distinctly different spectra. Take a spectrum of your protein reduced with a few grains of dithionite and oxidized with a trace of hydrogen peroxide or ferricyanide (take another spectrum of ferricyanide alone since it absorbs at ~421 nm)
eab