Also working my way through this monster….And wondering about some of the stranger revisions, recursions and omissions.  Somewhat bemused, for example, to find that the notes remembered from individual volumes appear to have vanished.  And he seems to have changed the epigraphs to the Revival of Christian Architecture sequence (could swear that the second was originally from Disraeli).  I wonder what else?  Oh, and the curious self-framing/self-revising gesture in Hymns to Our Lady of Chartres…What do others make of this?

Not sure I've anything sensible to say at present on comparison w/ Prynne, maybe later…

Best,
Jeremy