It may be part of this conversation - because I often work across genres - visual poetics / textual artist. Anyway, when I did my Masters, the Art/Design department wouldn't hear of me doing work under their wing ….
Furthermore when I had a small exhibition and said I was a textual artist, was in the programme as working in  'Textiles' ….
Classifications may 'place' work but I'm happy to be displaced …
Tilla

Tilla Brading