Poets don’t destroy poetry—even anti-poets—history destroys poetry—or preserves it, or does whatever it does out of what is of use at the time of what is available of the past. Anti-poetry has quite a noble past—in poetry. Poets who are out to ‘destroy poetry’ are usually attempting to renew it, to introduce new expression as poetry which may not be new outside of poetry but as poetry may well be new.

ja
http://vispo.com