From: [log in to unmask]
To: BRITISH-IRISH-POETS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:37
Subject: Re: I am pleased Olson remains in print

Part of the mainstream canon? Not remotely, Jaime. He's part of a very few teaching systems. Pierre didn't mention them all, but there aren't that many others. Go to Olson-themed events, as I do on occasion, and it's the usual cast of characters. He comes up more frequently on this list than on any of the US lists I've been a part of.

The mainstream in the US remains hostile to outsiders when it's not simply ignoring them. The situation is similar to the UK, tho not as bad.