I went to visit the site and I read the offerings including those of Anna Freud—who, in a much younger incarnation, had just been talking about her dad’s pictures on Youtube here in Japan to me.  Actually, I don’t know how exciting these new voices are simply because they sound so much like the old voices but maybe not quite as good.  It stretches the imagination to try to gauge the impact of these new generation voices, some of which like Freud’s—appear to be of an older generation’s voice-box than even my own.  Are these new voices kicking up the dust there in London?  Are they filling Albert Hall to cheering/chanting crowds?  If they are I haven’t heard of it but then again I live in Japan.  I like the possible topic best on the notice’s list that suggests that poets other than those on the “promotion list” could also be written about in terms of their influence on those on “the promotion list.”  I enjoyed the possibilities of that topic very much and thought about how very lucky those new voices are on the “promotion list” and what it could all mean to them.  (Fame, fortune, maybe even a Nobel somewhere down the road, but definitely paid gigs, 3 hots and a teaching position.)   I take it that some people on that list are also on this list and I extend them my hand to them and wish them good luck with shaking everything up and making everyone excited—because...because we need that.  To be shaken up.  Yes, and to be excited.  We really need any shaking up we can get.

Speaking of which--my opinion about new conceptual poetry is that it is now the right time to throw up our hands and start talking Venusian into 1000 digi-cams that will pipe our soulful enhanced interactional articulations into at least 100000000 3-D websites only viewable on Google-Glas, the umpteenth up-dating.  It will cost you lots of moolah to compose this poetry but you will agree that the experience of chirps, groans, air-chops and dance-steps will make you glad you’ve plunked down your cash to make someone who doesn’t care about any of this stuff, richer than you’ll ever be.

Where’s my happy face icons when I need them?

Oh, here they are:

Jess