Got home last night turned on telly and there was Benjamin Zephaniah being interviewed by the comic Russell Howard. I like Zephaniah, lovely chap and all that. But there he was still with the same spiel that he was spouting 20 years ago about how most poetry was PRETENTIOUS  and he wanted poetry for the people etc. He quoted that thing from Adrian Mitchell, you know the one, "Most people ignore poetry because poetry ignores most people'. I despair. Apart from myself back in an early Terrible Work item has anyone ever actually challenged him on this? Has he ever been asked to explain what he means. Has nobody ever told him how patronising and ultimately stupid that sentiment is. Urrrgggghhhhh!

Tim