Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting with Turnitin Jisc group as well.

We have a member of staff who found she was unable to bulk download Turnitin assignments via Blackboard (9.1 April 2014 SP) when using IE9 (version 9.0.8112).  Issue is with an unresponsive dialogue window titled ‘Please select file format for your download’.  I have been able to replicate this in IE9 as well as with IE 11 (version 11.0.9600).  I have raised this with Turnitin support, and they advise that it isn’t an issue with the Turnitin integration with Blackboard but rather with personal IE settings.  As instructed, I have reset IE to defaults; however, the issue still persists.

Please find the steps to possibly reproduce this issue below.  I’d be very grateful if you could let me know if you are experiencing this issue. And, if you have, did you come up with a workaround?

Steps to reproduce:

1.       In your Blackboard course, go to Course Tools >TurnitinUK Assignments.

2.       Choose the assignment you want to vew.

3.       Click box next to 'Author' to select all.

4.       Click the Download button and select Original File.

5.       In the new dialogue window titled 'Please select a file format for your download' that opens after you confirm that you want to continue, choose either one (doesn’t seem to matter as issue occurs with both).

It is at this point that the issue occurs.  The links in the dialogue window are dead.  If you have a look at the script, you will see a Jscript runtime error that reads something akin to: 'SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'document': object is null or undefined' re line'opener.document.inbox_form.use_pdfs.value = zip;'

As this can be rectified by adding 'https://*.submit.ac.uk' to the list of Trusted sites in IE, it would appear that IE's security policies are not allowing the pass to the newly-opened window once you click on Download > Original File.  We believe that this action should work without having to add Turnitin to your trusted sites list.

Again, I’d be grateful to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Best wishes,

Mel

Mel Phillips
E-Learning Support Officer