From: Architecture Librarians group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Simine Marine
Sent: 26 November 2014 13:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: GOOD NEWS AJBL

Dear all,

I've had a lengthy phone call with AJ and this is the deal I got for us.

***FROM AJ***

To confirm we can give you access via Proxy IPs.

As you're aware, the price for IP access on a basis of 100 subscribers (opening up to the team) is £4360 (£43.60 per person).

On the basis of your agreement to a minimum of x5 institutions - we can offer you a further (generous) 70% off, bringing the total cost down to £1308 per institution before VAT. The total price is £6540 (saving a tremendous £15,260, based on this group package).

******

As you can see the deal is technically for 100 core users (as many times as they wish and the one off use doesn't count) but you are allowed to open it up to all you wish to give access to.

After a year AJ will assess how many users are accessing AJBL at your institution and if there is a lot more user then the renewal quote will be different (No more specifics about that).

They have agreed for us to give access via proxy and I highly recommend (as I will be doing) to limit access that way to those who really need it, i.e. architecture courses and related subjects only. For those who don't use Athens/Shibboleth etc. there will be an option for users to login via their email as username with a universal password.

SO! We need at least 5 of us to sign up! I believe I have the green light so that's just 4 more. THIS OFFER IS NOT LIMITED TO 5 INSTITUTIONS.
I haven't been given a time limit and I'm sure they'll understand that it's almost the holidays etc.

Send me questions and I'll try to answer them as much as possible. I will send an email to ARLIS as well just in case.

Best,

Simine Marine
Serials/Systems Librarian and Data Protection Officer
Architectural Association Library
36 Bedford Square
London WC1B 3ES
Tel: +44 (0)207 887 4117

PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this information without our prior consent is strictly prohibited. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Architectural Association (Inc.). If you have any doubts as to the authenticity of this e-mail please contact either the sender or the Architectural Association directly. The Architectural Association, Inc. is a Registered Charity Incorporated as a Company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 171402. Registered office: 36 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3ES.

VIRUS WARNING
The contents of any attachment to this email may contain software viruses that could damage your own computer system. While the Architectural Association (Inc.) has taken reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, it cannot accept liability for any damage that you suffer as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

[Architectural Association]
"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester Metropolitan University email disclaimer available on its website http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "