Dear all,
We have recently done substantial new work on updating the Trust's website, so do please take a look at it again. Please note the new URL and update any of your bookmarks as the address has changed.
There are several pages now available about the Trust and our facilities for readers:
https://alfredgilletttrust.wordpress.com/about/
There is also a series of pages about the Trust’s diverse collections, including the family archives:
https://alfredgilletttrust.wordpress.com/collections/family-archives/
The family collection overviews have been updated where appropriate, and are now all available on this page. There are also new overviews for collections recently arrived or catalogued, particularly the Clothier papers and some of the major object collections.
Of course, there are also pages about the Trust's large shoe collection:
https://alfredgilletttrust.wordpress.com/collections/shoes-and-costume/
Of all the collection pages recently created, the shoe section will change substantially over time as the shoe digitisation project progresses (1940s done, now well into the 1950s!). So please keep an eye on this in the weeks to come. We hope that a more detailed overview of our shoe holdings will be added very shortly. The collection pages are aimed at a generalist audience, so I hope you agree that they offer an attractive and very visual introduction to our holdings.
The Trust learned yesterday that our funding from Clarks to digitise the entire shoe collection (Clarks and non Clarks), the Clarks Point of Sale, Clarks shoe catalogues and Clarks in-house publications has been significantly extended. The project will now run until early 2020, with the in-house photographic studio carrying on its work on the shoes in Street and the other collections being digitised off-site. We are already reaping the benefits of having catalogued the Clarks POS collection and digitised the film collection as part of the early stages of the project, so watch this space!
Please do circulate widely to any individual or associations who might be interested.
Best wishes
Charlotte Berry
Dr Charlotte Berry, RMARA I Head of Collections | Alfred Gillett Trust (C & J Clark Ltd) Box One I 40 High Street I Street I Somerset I BA16 0EQEmail: [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 1458 842557 or 444060 or direct dial 444064Website: http://alfredgilletttrust.wordpress.com