As part of its new Strategic Plan for 2015 – 2018 released on Monday 17th November, the DPC seeks a political and institutional climate responsive to the need for digital preservation.

“This requires a commitment to advocacy on behalf of the digital preservation community,” says Head of Communications and Advocacy for the DPC, Sarah Middleton. “We will help key decision-makers and opinion-formers understand the opportunities and challenges of long-term access to digital collections and encourage them to act, ensuring that public and institutional policy, legislation and regulation enable robust digital preservation infrastructures.”

The DPC also commits to understanding and articulating the needs of members, encouraging and supporting the development of tools, services and standards that are of benefit to all.

By realising its goals, the intention of the Strategic Plan is to sustain the Coalition’s vision to ‘make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.’

For more information about joining the DPC, visit the website and download the new Strategic Plan 2015 – 2018.

*Apologies for cross posting*

Sarah Middleton

Head of Communications and Advocacy

Digital Preservation Coalition

Innovation Centre, York University Science Park

Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG

http://www.dpconline.org/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: +44 (0) 1904 567654

Twitter: @Sarah_DPC

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent and does not constitute legal advice.  We cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please scan all attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the DPC.  Registered Office, Innovation Centre, University Way, York Science Park, Heslington, YORK YO10 5DG Registered in England No: 4492292