Dear All,

I would also like to put forward my support here, in solidarity with many friends and colleagues who have already done so. These issues too easily slip from the ill-considered immediacies of the day-to-day to the paradigm that becomes the norm. If a letter is indeed being put together please do add me to the list.

I’m sure many colleagues have seen this blog from the LSE, which throws light on some of the underlying logic at play:

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocialsciences/2013/12/11/how-academia-resembles-a-drug-gang/

‘Money be green'

All the best,
Alex

Dr Alex Flynn
British Academy Research Fellow | Department of Anthropology | Durham University

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | +55 11 98370-9158 | @alexanderjflynn

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*