Hello

We have a female member of staff that we have purchased a wheelchair for and it is kept at work.  Currently this member of staff comes to work with her son who goes and collects the wheelchair and helps her in and out of the car at the start and end of the day.  The son now has a job and will no longer be able to help her with this.  She has asked if the Porters would be able to help.  I am sure it would be no problem asking them to bring the chair out to her but I am concerned about them helping her in and out of the car – both from a sensitivity and health and safety point of view.

Would this be something we should be assisting her with?  Is there likely to be any funding available for her to employ someone to act in this capacity?

Lesley

Lesley Bradshaw

Head of Equality and Diversity

University of Derby

Tel: 01332 591433

Email: [log in to unmask]

Important Dates in October 2014

1-31      Black History Month

4             Yom Kippur – Jewish – The holiest day in the Jewish calendar

4                        Eid-Ul-Adha – A major festival for the Muslims

9             Sukkot – Jewish – Jewish Harvest Festival

20           Birth of the Bab – Baha’i

23           Diwali - Sikh, Hindu & Jain – The festival of lights.

31           Halloween – All Hallows’ Eve –

31           Samhain – Pagan - Celtic New year for Pagans

IID for email signature  stonewall logo      AS_RGB_Member small    two_ticks   lowres-email footerONLYDisabledGo Logo 2

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this was sent to you in error, please select unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe and Security information contact: [log in to unmask]
For all FOI requests please contact: [log in to unmask]
All other Contacts are at http://www.derby.ac.uk/its/contacts/