Dear colleagues,

We have been working with our ED dept over the recent years to address
high haemolysis rates for their samples .

They are currently running at about 10% (using greater than 100mg/dL
Haemoglobin).

I suspect this is fairly typical but they have asked if other labs have
similar data for comparison.

Any info greatfully received.

Kind regards

Helen

Helen Turner
Assistant Laboratory Manager
and Point Of Care testing Coordinator

Chemical Pathology
Gloucester Royal Hospital
Gloucester Hospitals NHSF Trust
Tel 0300 4225237

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The information in this email and in any attachment(s) is commercial in confidence.

If you are not the named addressee(s) or if you receive this email in error then any
distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

Please return it to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you.

Whilst e-mail and attachments are virus checked Gloucestershire Healthcare Community
does  not accept any liability in respect of any virus which is not detected.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of their respective organisation.

2gether NHS Foundation Trust : http://www.2gether.nhs.uk
Gloucestershire Care Services NHS Trust : http://www.glos-care.nhs.uk
Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group : http://www.gloucestershireccg.nhs.uk
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust : http://www.gloshospitals.org.uk

This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk