Dear all,

Does anyone have some suggestions about this question (see title)? I have some small sized Canis bones from the site in Northeast Qinghai, China, ca. 5,000 BP, just fall into the size of fox and the smallest dog in our lab. I was wondering if there could be small sized domestic dogs at that stage of dog domestication, considering this site is at the beginning of Neolithic in that area (although dogs might be introduced there from central China). Otherwise, I would just discuss that they were wild foxes.

Thanks very much indeed!:)

Best wishes,
Yiru

--