Hey, folks,

Thanks for the many suggestions that have been coming in.

  I can't keep up with my inbox at the moment (too many mailing lists!),
so I haven't got to all your replies yet, but please take this as a
general thank you until I can look at individual messages.

(Whoever mentioned grannies and embroidery - no surprises there! I knew
that there'd be lots of hobbies other than sorting bones that would use
magnifiers. I've got needlework I abandoned 15 years ago and if I take
it up again a magnifier will be very helpful!)

Eve