More on this issue in the press today - via Alan Milburn's latest report

This article seems to homogenise 'young adulthood' somewhat in terms of 'generational' experiences of unemployment and low pay - though it does make a fleeting remark about 'those without wealthy parents' being less affected

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/18/under-30s-priced-out-of-uk-alan-milburn

The report will be released tomorrow so will be interesting to see what it says in full

Dr. Kim Allen
Research Fellow

Education & Social Research Institute (ESRI)

Manchester Metropolitan University

Birley Building

53 Bonsall Street
Manchester
M15 6GX

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Academia page: http://mmu.academia.edu/KimAllen
Staff page: http://www.esri.mmu.ac.uk/resstaff/profile.php?surname=Allen&name=Kim

I am co-investigator for the ESRC research project 'Celebrity culture and young people’s classed and gendered aspirations’  http://www.celebyouth.org/

Availability to students: I am very happy to see students whenever I am available but please e-mail me in advance to make an appointment.  I will try to get back to you within two working days.