Dear Youth Studies researchers,

We would like to invite you to our final project dissemination event on
Thursday December 11, 2014 at 2 pm in the Department of Education &
Professional Studies on the Waterloo Campus of King's College London.

The event is dedicated to the launch of the final report which is part of
the British Academy-funded project 'The schooling and identity of Eastern
European immigrant pupils in England'. It is about the educational attainment
of 'new' Eastern European migrant pupils in England, factors that
contribute to or hinder these migrant pupils' educational success in
England, and how young people settle into British schools' cosmopolitan
make-up. We would like to present our main findings and invite you to
participate in a discussion of the findings with invited speakers.

Chair: Professor Louise Archer, Professor of Sociology of Education, King's
College London
Dr. Antonina Tereshchenko (Newton Fellow, King's College London): *Presentation
of** report* '*New migration, new challenges: Eastern European migrant
pupils in English schools'*

*Other speakers include:*

Dr. Emel Thomas (Senior Lecturer in Education, University of
Northampton): *'The
matrix': What schools need to know about the dimensions of race and
migration*

Dr. Oakleigh Welply (Lecturer in Sociology of Education, Durham
University): *Title TBC*

The event is open and free to everyone but please register at Eventbrite
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/eastern-european-immigrant-pupils-in-english-schools-tickets-13701651007
– and kindly circulate to anyone you think may be interested.

Best wishes,
Antonina