I am wondering though whether it is a faux-Caribbean accent or a non-existent one. I am not familiar with all of the traditional English accents on the British Isles but couldn't this pass as one of them? It is likely that the Caribbean music is clouding judgement on the accent, but accents are not my strong point.

Joseph

On 21 October 2014 19:11, VAR-L automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
There is 1 message totaling 31 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Meanwhile in the UK: the UKIP Calypso (in a totally authentic Jamaican
     accent)

Date:    Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:06:52 +0100
From:    Dave Sayers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Meanwhile in the UK: the UKIP Calypso (in a totally authentic Jamaican accent)

Just.... Jesus Christ... >_<

http://goo.gl/0sFZyP

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Honorary Research Fellow, Arts & Humanities, Swansea University, UK
[log in to unmask] | http://swansea.academia.edu/DaveSayers

------------------------------

End of VAR-L Digest - 18 Oct 2014 to 21 Oct 2014 (#2014-132)

Joseph T. Farquharson
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for InterAmerican Studies
Bielefeld University
PF 100131
D-33501 Bielefeld
Germany

Telephone:  | Fax:
Email 1: [log in to unmask]
Email 2: [log in to unmask]
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/jtfarquharson/
New co-edited book: Variation in the Caribbean (2011)

Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. Godliness--godlikeness--is the goal to be reached. Before the student there is opened a path of continual progress. He has an object to achieve, a standard to attain, that includes everything good, and pure, and noble. He will advance as fast and as far as possible in every branch of true knowledge. But his efforts will be directed to objects as much higher than mere selfish and temporal interests as the heavens are higher than the earth. - E. G. White

The Variationist List - discussion of everything related to variationist sociolinguistics.

To send messages to the VAR-L list (subscribers only), write to:

To unsubscribe from the VAR-L list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=VAR-L&A=1