Date:    Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:45:11 +0000
From:    "Lindsey R." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Introducing the Mass Observation Project as a data source for researchers

This message has been sent through the MASSOBS discussion list.
Remember, clicking 'reply' sends your message to the list.

Dear Mass Observation List

' Introducing the Mass Observation Project (1981-2014) as a data source for researchers'

We've just had some cancellations for this event, and we now have 5 spare spaces.  It's not too late to book!

If you are interested, please go to http://go.soton.ac.uk/61a

Introducing the Mass Observation Project (1981-2014)

as a data source for researchers

We invite you to attend an interactive day-event for researchers and doctoral students.

This event will introduce you to the unique resources of the Mass Observation Project (MOP).  It provides the chance to discuss and try-out the opportunities that the MOP presents for qualitative longitudinal and/or mixed-method research.

At this event you will:

·                    Go on a tour of the archive and its resources with staff at the archive.

·                    Be 'introduced' to MOP writers and the topics they write about.

·                    Discuss a case-study example of a longitudinal mixed-methods project at the University of Southampton, which is using MOP writing in combination with the British Household Panel Survey and the British Social Attitudes Survey.

·                     Take part in a hands-on workshop where you can examine and analyse the scripts of individual writers across time.

This event would be suitable for any researcher - including post-graduate/doctoral researchers from a range of different disciplines (social sciences, humanities, and different science and STEM disciplines) who are considering using qualitative and/or mixed research methods.

The event takes place on Monday 27th October at The Keep in Brighton (http://www.thekeep.info/) - 10am to 4.30 pm. (please arrive for registration before 10)

The Keep is a fully accessible venue. If you require further information on accessibility, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Refreshments and lunch will be provided.

There is a £16 fee to cover the costs of this event. Please book by visiting:  http://go.soton.ac.uk/61a

The maximum number of participants for this event is 20.  Booking for this event will close at midnight on 20th October, or when we have reached our maximum number of participants.

For enquiries about this event please contact Rose Lindsey tel: 02380 594442 or email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Dr Rose Lindsey
58/3055
Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology
School of Social Sciences
University of Southampton
Southampton
SO17 1BJ