Hi Paul, Dave
As Greg Guy says "at the moment nothing comes to mind" but I was actually trying to remember the article that I found most useful and now you got it for me:  Hazen's in the Handbook of Lang. Variation and Change.  Thanx! (Senility or Dalmatian sun is the primary cause.....)

 I see that most of the discussion has gone into the direction of Australian pronounciation for which I can contribute nothing.  I have done some work on the change of the use of dialectal words (in the Croatian dialect of Ĩakavian ( the city of Split in Dalmatia) within the family: the use of dialectal words from  grandparents, parents and chidren. That might be of interest to your student, Dave. I have an article published in Croatian with a summary in English (which I can send) and this one (attached) that uses that material for totally  other purposes thus it does not mention that the results refer to the investigation within families ( to appear in the Croatian Journal of Philosophy very soon) The PDF form is without final correction.

Best to all  Dunja