Amy,

> So...before considering the first level, I like statr from the beginning.
> Say from preprocessing step...

Yes, that makes sense :)

> Usually, the steps which I perform are
> 1. Segmentation

... of what?

> 2. Normalize: Write (This actually takes ur template to MNI which I
> don't want... So how to handle this step?)

... as I said, omit it here. Not sure what you mean by "template to MNI
space" as usually a template is in normalized (e.g., MNI) space to begin
with.

> 3. ReALIGN ANd unwarp

... which I would do in native space anyway.

> 4. Coregistration: Estimate

... you can happily do that in native space, too.

> 5. Normalize:Write

... again? I guess this pertains to the functional images. In this case,
you would probably select the con-images from your first level statistics.

> 6.Smooth

Yes.

> What changes needs to be done in my preprocessing steps...
> I actually want to do fmRI MRS correlation,.

In that case you may want to optimize your processing for resting state
processing in any case, see the several hundred papers addressing this,
as well as the toolboxes specifically designed for this purpose.

> I am attaching a paper where they used native space processing for that...
> Please go thru the page no. 4 of this article
> and kindly  let me knw how to do it...

No. You asked me a question to which I gave you an answer (or rather, an
opinion), in the hope that it would be helpful. I am not going to go
through papers with you.

Cheers,
Marko