From: MCLAREN, Donald [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 6:05 PM
To: Maxime Résibois
Cc: SPM
Subject: Re: [SPM] Differences in atlases

Maxime,

In the AAL toolbox, how many voxels are in each labelled region?
It looks like the AAL toolbox (which I don't use) is listing the locations based on the significance; whereas the pickatlas is listing the locations based on the number of voxels in in each labelled region.

My approach is to take the peaks listed from my peak_nii program (it captures more than 3 in most clusters, whereas SPM only lists the top 3). I list the regions based on the peak voxel value. I find the location of the peak and use that as the label. I'm working on alternatives, but I think listing the peak locations would be fine.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren