Dear SPM experts,

I had some confusing results when I did source reconstruction for the simulated MEG data obtained from the script (simmegdip_for_faces), I attached the results I had along with the results in the Manual, I'm using now (SPM8_27_2_2012_with_updates).

The reconstructed sources are the same but the the estimated response is reversed, in my results the estimated location is in the right hemisphere (+62 -24 20) while in the tutorial it is in the left hemisphere (-61 -30 18), also it looks like SPM constructed the negative peak in my results and the positive peak in the tutorial!!

My question is since the two simulated dipoles have the same amplitude and the same frequency then why SPM is choosing only one location not the other? which solution is right?

I'm really confused about the way SPM deals with laterality because when it comes to real data how can I know if the results I have are the best I can get? especially in my MEG language data since I have to determine the dominant hemisphere so the laterality is a big concern for me.

Any help is really appreciated

Regards
Rasha