Please see an important announcement below from Socrel about the launching of a new Mentoring Scheme.

Dear Friends, Colleagues and Members,

On Saturday a group of us met to discuss, ‘Achieving Gender Equality in the Academy: Intersections, Interrogations and Practices.’ It was the theme of this year’s Socrel Response Day - a response to the recent report on gender and career progression in the disciplines of Theology and Religious Studies. We heard insightful papers on institutional structures, research and teaching practices, and lived experiences of the intersections of gender, race and class in the academy.

As part of the Day, we also launched the Socrel Mentoring Scheme. It is now open for applications and information can be found here.

We’re very excited about the Scheme and warmly invite women to apply.

Best wishes,

Sonya, Abby and Rebecca

SOCREL-PG is the Postgraduate e-mail list of the BSA Sociology of Religion Study Group. To join SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: join socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]> Send contributions to the list by sending messages to: [log in to unmask] To leave SOCREL-PG, send the following one-line message: leave socrel-pg YOURFIRSTNAME YOURLASTNAME to: <[log in to unmask]>