With apologies for cross posting

Health Services Management Centre (HSMC) to seek new Director

Having served as Director since 2008, HSMC’s Jon Glasby is taking up a new role as Head of the School of Social Policy from 1st August 2015.  This means he’ll continue to have overall responsibility for HSMC, but alongside the University’s social policy and social work department and a series of research centres around wealth/poverty, the role of the third sector, working with families, and issues of diversity and migration.  HSMC will therefore be recruiting a new Director, and we’re looking for someone able to embody our commitment to ‘rigour and relevance’, to maintain and develop our national and international networks, and to continue to develop our expertise around research, teaching, consultancy and policy.

Ideally we are seeking someone with an academic pedigree within the fields of, for example, health policy, health management or leadership development - but who is also capable of working with senior policy makers and leading a group of highly motivated staff. The appointee should also strengthen the research and policy capability of HSMC and bring in funding on the basis of existing reputation.

For further information, please contact [log in to unmask].

Full details of this post can be found on the University's vacancies website.

Professor Martin Powell

Health Services Management Centre

University of Birmingham

Park House

40 Edgbaston Park Road

Birmingham B15 2RT

Tel: 0121 414 4462

New Book:

Shaping health policy
Case study methods and analysis

Mark Exworthy, Stephen Peckham, Martin Powell, Alison Hann

http://www.policypress.co.uk/display.asp?K=9781847427571&sf1=contributor&st1=Mark%20Exworthy&m=3&dc=3

40th logo-colour- 725 x 245 (300).jpgHSMC celebrated its 40th Anniversary in 2012. For more

information see: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/hsmc-fortieth-celebrations

The contents of this email may be privileged and confidential.  It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor copied in any way.  If received in error please notify the sender then delete it from your system.  Should you communicate with me by email, you consent to the University of Birmingham monitoring and reading any such correspondence.