Why Netflix sends 'Orange is the New Black' to the Library of Congress on
videotape | The Verge
After companies shut down and collectors lose interest, the Library of
Congress is supposed to keep our cultural history intact. But digital media
has turned our understanding of preservation on its head. It’s no longer
enough to just get "a copy" of something: an ebook can be set to
self-destruct
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/9/5688146/the-fight-to-save-endangered-ebooks>,
an MMO can be nothing without the people who play it
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/5441866/eve-offline-how-do-you-archive-a-universe>,
and a streaming video can have a million digital copies and no physical
ones. When *Buzzfeed* journalist Joseph Bernstein profiled
<http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/meet-the-men-trying-to-immortalize-video-games>
the Library of Congress’ video game collection, he included a tantalizing
reference to how new media and traditional archival can collide:

http://bit.ly/1paSGS2

Source:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/29/7101597/why-netflix-sends-orange-is-the-new-black-to-the-library-of-congress
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1paSGS2+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web:
https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar