A Big Data Strategy — A CIO Survival Tool or Today’s Organization | CIO
I was raised by people who survived World War II; he was raised by people who experienced the Great Depression. We both tend to keep too many items for too long, in case we need them someday. It may have seemed smart but at this moment, our item-retention policy is a drag on our moving plans.

Too many companies take a similar approach to data: save it—we may need it someday. Most often someday never comes and in the meantime, they’ve created a bloated data storehouse that’s likely to prove as inconvenient to them as my leftover squash rackets are to us.

http://bit.ly/1rlJ414

Source: http://www.cio.com/article/2835537/big-data/a-big-data-strategy-a-cio-survival-tool-or-today-s-organization.html
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/1rlJ414+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: https://bitly.com/pages/sidebar
To view the list archives go to: https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the words UNSUBSCRIBE RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]